NEW MATHS SKILLS : Download the document to access the links in each of the boxes
Academic Year 2018/2019
Summer Term 1
Although it's only been a short half term Class 4 have been very busy learning all about Russia for their topic.
- We introduced our topic by researching Karl Faberge and designed and made our own Faberge style eggs.
- We used atlases to locate countries, towns and cities in and around Russia.
- We looked at Wassily Kandinsky and produced several pieces of art work inspired by his work.
- We worked in pairs to find out all about The Cold and made power point presentations about it and presented them to the class.
- We have also used scratch software, in ICT, to make and code a ball popping game.
- In PE we have been working our fitness by doing the bleep test and the Baby Shark abs challenge.
Spring Term 2
We've had lots of fun this half term with our topic - Destination Space.
- A visit by Claire from the Youth Parliament which lead us to run our own election campaigns and election.
- Cricket coaching from Alex at 'A chance to Shine'
- Learning about the different phases of the moon using 'oreo' biscuits.
- Using pastels to create pictures of planets, moons and stars in our solar system.
- Taking part in the BBC Blue Planet Live lesson and learnt all about sustainability and the importance of sharks, what is happening to them and how we can help.
- Making air rockets out of reused plastic bottles and we even 'launched' them in the playground. imagining we were
- Going on a mission to Mars and worked in groups to decide what items we would need to take with us and why.
- RE day was all about Forgiveness. We discussed what it means, what things we can and can't forgive and how we can show forgiveness.
Spring Term 1
We've had creative and action packed first half of this Spring Term in Class 4!
So far we have:
- Made pin hole cameras as part of our science topic
- We learnt about the story of the Willow Patterned Plate and made one ourselves!
- To celebrate the Chinese New Year we made Chinese Lanterns and Chinese Dragon fireworks
- To keep us going we made Vegetable Spring Rolls - they were delicious!
- We read 'The Fire Makers Daughter' and wrote a description of Razvani's (the fire fiend) cave
- To top it all off we had a go at Fencing! It was fantastic!
Our World War One Black Out Poetry for the Centenary
Building our Hogsmeade Village
Our Picasso Art for European Day of Languages